Monday, July 7, 2014

"If I'm insecure that's because you made me this way."

We all know where that line comes from. Lol. "Baby Boy" many of us have watched this movie a million times. Hell...some of us have played that movie out in real life!! Tyrese Gibson (Coca Cola bus singer) plays Jodi the wanna be player but couldn't leave his mama tit. Taraji P. Henson plays Yvette the main chick. They fuss, fight, have sex, he cheats but he makes her feel insecure through his actions.

I never understood how people who had their ish together could be insecure. How could that gorgeous female that keeps herself up feel down about who she is? How could that gorgeous chocolate man hate the skin he's in? That girl with all the men flocking to her...yea her how could she hate looking in the mirror?

We can blame a lot of our self hatred on media. Insecurity installments starts early for us in the form of teasing. Kids can be so cruel when they learn "bad" behavior from peers and adults. You know how many times I've heard adults say "Ewww that child dirty" in front of kids? I'm not going to front I'm even guilty of talking about people around my nieces and nephews. 

Well insecurity for this 5'2 Cutie came from multiple places. I experienced my first form of insecurity from my father. I believe he wanted his first born to be a boy. I wanted my fathers attention so bad that I wanted to wear nothing but boy clothes. All the sweat suits he had I had but in a girly color. You couldn't tell me nothing in my pink swish swish Fila sweat suit and gelled back ponytail. I'm sure  my mother was thinking oh she is going to be gay. No offense to anyone that's gay. I found the love of being girly through my older sister closet and making a mess of her room!!! Yasssss!!!

My next round of insecurity happened in high school. I graduated from Western! Yes thee Western, all girl school Western, home of the Doves Western, all the girls are fabulous Western. Need I say more? Okay I will elaborate a little. How the heck you toss a flat chested no booty virigin to those wolves in sheeps clothing? Thank goodness I was pretty and had a sister that kept me up on the latest fashion. I would've been lost in the sauce if I didn't have a hand on my shoulder.

Everyone is probably on the edge of their seats waiting for the relationship insecurity. Many of my serious relationships meaning head of hills love were with men out of state. I don't know why but I have a thing for men not in my area code. I'm talking toll road insecurities. I was in a relationship with a rapper north of Baltimore. At first I couldn't understand why he wanted to keep us out of the public eye. I thought it was because he still wanted the groupies to love him. It was more so to keep everyone out of business so I thought. He always made videos with women that didn't even look remotely close to me. Certain events I couldn't attend or wasn't invited to. I wanted to be at the MTV video shoot and meet Jeezy. Every song has to end and I knew I had to give him back the nickname he gave me "Lemondrop" 

Humans need validation from certain people. You probably shaking your head saying no I don't I'm good. So you don't get mad when your significant other don't post that picture of you on IG, FB, Twitter, Myspace, Tango, and Google+. Laugh all you want but we know the relationship is real when they post a picture of y'all cozy together. Well that's what society says anyway. Things like this didn't matter years back. All you had to do was hold hands in public and you were the real MVP. See we want to be loved and adored by that person we put our energy into. Seeing someone celebrate another male or female publicly cuts deep when they don't do the same for us. You can fool yourself all you want if you say it does not matter if your significant other looks like he belong to her and not you. Men can feel insecure just like us women. Maybe insecurity will disappear one day when we understand our partners or when communication is taken seriously. Only I can tell you what my view is like being 5'2.

#thinkingthroughmythumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment