Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How Many Of You Are There?

I laugh and joke sometimes about me having an alter ego named Chantel. Chantel is the crazy, snooty,  belligerent side of me. Chantel often shows up after I get my hair done, when someone has stepped on my last reserved nerve, or when I just want to be snooty. She definitely is a ball of fun!!!

The funny thing is I'm always me in any situation you throw me in. All those personality traits I described are instilled in me on a constant basis. I show up at any event and you bet Nell will be Nell. I don't know how to be someone different for a group of people.

All these social networks have many of us dressing and playing so many different roles. I see FB as the place where: Your mom is coming to your school today so you need to be on your best behavior. You dare not embarrass her in front of those kids and your teachers. Recite a few scriptures and show a family photo that is filled with love. I see Twitter as the place where: The substitute teacher is the permanent teacher. Everyday is wild out Wednesday! You can send Tweets to people without sending them an @ which is called subbing. You can flirt openly and anonymously. You can Tweet all day without someone getting mad because you keep posting a Tweet. There is no Mark Zuckberg to tell you what you can and can not say!! You can actually do or say what you didn't feel comfortable saying on FB! Now IG is another entity of it's own! This is where no one is broke, everyone is happy and  life is just fabulous! You dress to impress here. All your inhibitions are gone out the window! Only person that's really seeing you are your peers. I've noticed some are in relationships on FB and very postive. Twitter I've noticed some people are single and ready to mingle. I've noticed on IG  some are just Kings and Queens and we are merely peasants. Some days I can't even keep up with some of those facades I just click like and keep on strolling. So please embellish on your life who's going to call you out?

What I put out for the universe to see is exactly what you see when you meet me. I'm indeed feisty, moody, Pettycrocker sometimes and a great friend,  I love to sit pretty, food is a hobby and I love my family. I'm not balling. I'm not trying to be a model. I post happiness and I post sadness. Who is the real you? Which life do you feel happiest living? How long will it continue? I'm not here to judge #imjustthinkingthroughmythumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment