O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; (Psalms 63:1 KJV)
Today marks my second day of fasting. I was so scared and hesitant because I had fear of failing. Then I thought about it and the only thing I can fail in is not trying. This day has started off already with a few confrontations but those are expected while fasting. It's day 2 and I'm sure my best and worst are yet to come.
You learn a lot about yourself while denying your flesh food. I never knew I had so many recipes stored in my mental Rolodex. From apple turnovers all the way to zucchini casserole were recited in my head. I also found out I could pray longer than 5 minutes.
I announced on FB about my fasting schedule sheesh why did I do that? I wasn't doing it for likes or even encouragement. Just maybe someone wanted to join or even start their own little fast. I received some encouragement and a few other comments. The best part about me saying anything about it openly is a good friend I consider a sister said she would indeed fast with me. We have been sharing bible verses and also just keeping each other postive on our journey.
I did research the pros and cons of fasting. A few things medically were discouraging but I know my body is healthy. At one point I even considered putting it off another week to prepare myself. Why put off what you can do today for tomorrow? I think that's how it go. Lol
My reasons for fasting started a few months or year or so ago. I noticed a pull for me to be a little more spiritual but I brushed it off. I wanted to make this change within me but I didn't know how. I started attending church more but I wasn't living to the standards I know I should have been living. I dedicated my life to Christ around the age of 16. I had this notion of doing it my way but fell very short of my hopes spiritually. This time when I rededicate my life I want to be into it wholeheartedly and not just because it sound good. I know a drastic change won't happen over night or even a week. Hey you never know it possibly could. I know I just want to live differently and be fed spiritually more.
My biggest fear was losing this one particular person I adore more than many and any. My changes may make us grow in different directions. Then I thought about it and prayed on it but felt the need to continue forward. Whatever is meant for me I shall have when the dust settles. At this point in my life I'm okay with that. Good things comes to those who wait. Well that's what I believe anyway.
#thinkingthroughmythumbs
Spiritual change is "The Best". I'm so proud of you Nellie. Keep God first. He has a plan for our life. We have to pray, wait for the answer, (Listen), and make the right choices according to his will. Remember, We cannot do it on our own.
ReplyDeleteGood morning!! Thank you cousin!! I'm definitely trying and putting my faith back where it belongs.
Delete