I do things sometimes and then kick myself in the ass for not doing what I really wanted to do. So whatever I did when I was doing it was sort of a lie or not a representative of me. I do things all the time for others that I actually hate doing. The love I have for that person overcomes my own feelings sometimes. If I just say no and let them know I how I feel I could remain true to myself right?
People put on so many different faces just to live up to certain actions. How can you be true to me if I never get to see your many faces? You're my friend when we are together and in need. You really don't know me when you're doing good and with others. Those actions speak loud and with clarity to me.
I have met a vast number of people during these 31 years. I value each person and lesson I learned from interacting with them. A few of those people lived up to all my good expectations and others didn't. They definitely relied on words being louder then genuine actions. You can tell me you love me everyday until your blue in the face. If you don't show up and show out on your feelings then I don't know that you love me. Genuine actions will also speak to others about how you feel for me when I'm not around. You can't be out here embarrassing my friendship, bond, relationship, or whatever else if actions speak for you.
Drama could be easily avoided if we remained true to who we are. You don't want to talk about Susie because she your friend but the rest of the group is dissing her. Well walk away or take up for her. You don't want Jerome to think you are a hoe? Stop dressing like one to fit in with the flock. You don't want your girl to feel like she isn't loved? Start making her feel loved and not ashamed of.
Misleading actions is what make so many grow up and repeat negative cycles. I'm not saying we all repeat cycles but there is a big chance that it might happen. Your dad beats your mother but mommy tells you it's okay definitely confuse you when you get older. Mama allows many men to occupy her life and neglects you....you might do the same to your kids.
I've been working on my actions a lot because I have nieces and nephews. I want them to see that I can be a positive person with positive actions. I'm also working on my actions for myself. I let you do crazy things to me and don't complain then I'm saying hey give me more crazy. Lol
#thinkingthroughmythumbs
No comments:
Post a Comment