The ask your man comment is generally followed up with some drama. I have said this before to a female and a female has said "Ask your man" to me. Now that I think about it I've watched this situation go down numerous times. When you are younger you really think you are doing something by using that comment.
I never knew the significance of actually being woman enough to converse with a woman wanting to know about her man. I always thought I was the shit if a I had to say that to another female. No indeed I wasn't the shit and the situation wasn't either. I held all the secrets if me and the man she was asking about wasn't just my homeboy. I had the power to give this fellow Sista power to stay or leave this man she cared so much about. She also had the power to give me insight on the man I believed I was starting a bond with.
Now I'm not green (naive) and know some women are spiteful and don't want to see their ex happy. There are also women who actually have an already made family with these men. That female that approaches me so sincerely and with no intent to do bodily harm or even have a shouting match with me. I deserve to sit down with this woman and be an adult about what's going on.
Now I know a few of y'all faces are like damn she snitching. Nah I'm protecting my emotional state, my physical state, my financial state as well as my spiritual state. It's so much out here that you can't give back these days. I don't want to be anyone's side chick or side family. I deserve to have a man of my own. A man that's for me! A man ready to build a foundation on love and honesty!
So yes Sista I have the time to sit down and talk to you. I have the time to tell you what that man you took vows with or just had a baby with is doing. I'm not saying I have to give you intimate details but you deserve to hear my side of the story. What you do with the information is up to you and only you.
If you were to ever come to me and want to divulge vital information about the man I'm seeing I'm all ears. It don't hurt to hear someone out and follow up on the evidence if there is any. Furthermore some women have already asked their man but he seems to deny your existence. I'm here now or she's here now asking you woman to woman what's the truth. Why deny anyone the right to choose if they want to leave or stay?
#thinkingthroughmythumbs
Well put :-) Dove Keisha Jackson
ReplyDeleteThank you Dove!! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my blog!!
Delete